Team6 Game Studios B.V. is an international (NL, UK) video game developer with a 17-year track record, that designs and develops console games and mobile top-10 games with an average rating of 4.5 / 5 and 20M installs on average.
We are looking for a sound designer that is highly motivated to work on high quality games together with the existing team of professionals. As a sound designer you will be the one who is responsible for the conceptualizing, designing, testing, editing and implementation of (game-ready) sound effects and other audio that’s needed for our projects on different platforms. You will be working on multiple projects, collaborate with our different teams while taking part in the initial design and the actual technical considerations of implementing the sounds and other audio.
- A degree in sound or audio design, audio engineering or an equivalent in experience
- +2 years of experience as a Sound Designer
- +1 year of experience within the game development industry
- Solid understanding of audio and sound related elements, assets, processes, specific needs and technical requirements for a project
- Solid understanding regarding mastering audio mixes depending on target platform specifications
- Being able to clearly communicate your creative process of decision making when it comes to sound design and knowing how to transfer the importance of the sound in the overall game experience and to other disciplines
- Able to create prototypes, improve and implement audio & sounds into the game through a game engine editor (Unreal or Unity) while keeping an eye on the total game experience and overall functional quality
- Experience with investigating sound effects issues, tracking audio related bugs and fixing them while making sure that the quality within the game is correct
- Able to give correct estimations when it comes to audio schedule creation, knows how to set up a process and pipeline to make sure the delivery is in time
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task with strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to sound designing, able to transfer knowledge to the team and gain knowledge by receiving and understanding given feedback
- Experience with racing games
- Experience with a variety of audio plugins is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- The chance to work in a young and dynamic team while also working together with our industry veterans
- An informal and open but professional work environment
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio or are willing to relocate in order to do so.
Do you want to be a part of our team? Then please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!