SENIOR PROGRAMMER (UNREAL)
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Senior Programmer that is highly motivated to create high quality games in Unreal, together with the existing team of junior engineers and experienced engineering professionals. You will be working on various projects mainly focusing on console platforms. As a Senior Programmer you will not only design, write, implement and debug code and data but you will also transfer your knowledge to the junior team members to guide them during the projects and get their skillsets to a higher level.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- + 3 years of experience in the game industry
- High proficiency using C++ in UE4
- Experience with developing games for consoles (Switch, Xbox and PS4)
- Has knowledge of Software Architecture Fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Excellent debugging skills
- Passionate about code quality and able to help raise the overall code standard
- Creative problem-solving skills where you value the input from producers, product owner, coworkers and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and able to work independent and autonomous
- Able to work with strict deadlines and delivering a high quality within the set schedule
- Able to give constructive feedback to help the team achieve their highest potential
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Experience with version control software such as SVN, P4 and GIT
- Experience with shipping a game on a console platform
- Experience with libraries like Photon or Playfab is a plus
- Experience creating tools and/or plug-ins for pipeline improvement
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to programming
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and code samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!