Team6 Game Studios B.V. is an international (NL, UK) video game developer with a 17-year track record, that designs and develops console games and mobile top-10 games with an average rating of 4.5 / 5 and 20M installs on average.
We are looking for a Physics Programmer that is highly motivated to work on high quality games together with the existing team of veteran professionals. As a physics programmer you will be the one who is responsible for the implementation of the vehicle physics and other in-game physics like collisions, contact modifications and collision filtering. You will be developing, improving, maintaining and debugging physics code while working on various projects.
This is your chance to play an active role in a fast-growing company and have a direct impact on its success.
- A degree (or an equivalent in experience) in computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics.
- 3+ years of experience with Physics systems and 1+ year of experience with Vehicle Physics
- High proficiency in C++/C# and strong 3D math skills
- Writes clear, maintainable, scalable and compatible code
- Experience with profiling of C++
- Experience with physics API’s
- Deep understanding of physic related elements and needs for a project, has to be able to assess the (technical) feasibility of the needed development for the projects
- Able to give a correct estimate when it comes to scheduling the workload and delivering the correct elements in time for the physics in game.
- Able to provide constructive feedback to the other programmers and know how on the correct way of documenting made implementations.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work with a team locally as well as with externals
- Passionate about physics, the newest techniques, developments regarding physics programming and adapting these to the requirements of our projects
- Performance optimization, including cache friendly code, compute shaders or multi-thread is a plus
- Experience with rendering, AI or destructions is a plus
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- The chance to work in a young and dynamic team while also working together with our industry veterans
- An informal and open but professional work environment
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio or are willing to relocate in order to do so.
Do you want to be a part of our team? Then please send your application (including resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!