A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Physics Programmer to assist our current programming team with the creation of both mobile and console game development. As a physics programmer you will be the one who is responsible for the implementation of the vehicle physics and other in-game physics like collisions, contact modifications and collision filtering. You will be developing, improving, maintaining and debugging physics code while working on various projects. Are you an experienced Physics Programmer and do you think you are the new team member that we’re looking for? Then send us your application to show us why you should become our new Physics Programmer!
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with Physics systems
- 1+ year of experience with Vehicle Physics
- High proficiency in C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- High proficiency C++
- Experience with physics API’s
- Has knowledge of Software Architecture fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Deep understanding of physic related elements and needs for a project, must be able to assess the (technical) feasibility of the needed development for the projects
- Able to give a correct estimation when it comes to scheduling the workload and delivering the correct elements in time for the physics in game
- Able to give constructive feedback to the rest of the team and gain knowledge by receiving feedback
- Solid understanding of the correct way of documenting made implementations
- Able to prioritize depending on the project’s needs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Passionate about physics, the newest techniques, developments regarding physics programming and adapting these to the requirements of our projects
- Experience with performance optimization, including cache friendly code, compute shaders or multi-thread is a plus
- Experience with rendering, AI or destructions is a plus
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and code samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!