LEAD PROGRAMMER (UNREAL)
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
For our upcoming projects we are looking for an experienced Lead Programmer to become the new addition to our programming team. As a Lead Programmer you will be making sure the team can thrive in an educational environment while getting the code standard as high as possible. We are looking for a Lead that ensures the team will efficiently set up a maintainable code, within the large code bases, that is supported by object-oriented programming. You will be the one who takes charge when it comes to the design, architecture and implementation of the written code/code systems. Next to that you will ensure the delivery requirements will be met. Are you the one who fits our requirements and aims for the highest potential quality while keeping an eye out for potential bottlenecks or opportunities? Then you might be the new Lead that we are looking for!
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- + 1 year of experience as a Lead Programmer
- High proficiency using C++ in UE4
- Extensive knowledge and experience concerning mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and/or console development (Switch, Xbox one, PS4) and PC
- Ability to set up and maintain Software Architecture Fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Excellent debugging skills
- Passionate about code quality and able to raise the overall code standard to the highest potential level
- Able to contribute to the overall planning of the project and able to create a technical scope for the project
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills where you value the input from producers, product owner, coworkers and clients
- Able to give constructive feedback, motivate the team and helping them achieve their highest potential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to transfer required information to other disciplines when it comes to programming tools and implementations
- Strong analytical skills and able to work independent and autonomous
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Experience with version control software such as SVN, P4 and GIT
- Experience with shipping a game while acting as a Lead Programmer
- Experience creating tools and/or plug-ins for pipeline improvement
- Experience with libraries like Photon and Playfab is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to programming
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and code samples) to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!