JUNIOR PROGRAMMER (UNREAL)
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Junior Programmer who is eager to learn and is looking for a new exciting challenge. As a Junior Programmer you will be working on various projects for multiple platforms while developing your skills. During this opportunity you will be working alongside our industry professionals and you will get the chance to design/develop code and data while working directly with and following guidance from the Lead Programmer. Do you have a self-driven attitude to develop yourself to a full-fledged professional and are you up for a new adventure? Then send us your application to convince us that you’re the new addition to the team that we’re looking for!
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- + 1 year of experience in the game industry
- High proficiency using C++ in UE4
- Experience with developing games for mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and/or experience with developing games for consoles (Switch, Xbox One, PS4) and pc
- Has knowledge of Software Architecture fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- Excellent debugging skills
- Passionate about code quality and a strong drive concerning improving the overall code standard
- Able to work with strict deadlines and delivering a high-quality code within the set schedule
- Able to give constructive feedback to the rest of the team and gain knowledge by receiving feedback
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Experience with version control software such as SVN, P4 or GIT
- Experience with creating tools and/or plug-ins for pipeline improvement
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to programming
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and code samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!