A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and proactive Game Designer to strengthen our current team. For this role we are seeking someone who has a fair share of experience and who is highly motivated to bring our games to the next level! We are looking for someone who will take a high level of ownership in their work.
As a Game Designer you will be involved in the game design process, from concept- to polish phase. While acting as a Game Designer you will be working on level, content, system and feature design. Next to that you will be refining and balancing gameplay features, as well as balancing the economy and difficulty. Are you someone who can communicate in a good manner with multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams, is perseverant and does not shy away from a high level of responsibility? Then you might be the new team member that we are looking for!
- Degree in Game Development, Game Design or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of experience while acting as a game designer in a professional setting
- Strong understanding about both conceptual, practical and technical aspects of game design
- Exceptional creative problem-solving skills while keeping deadlines, scope and budget in mind
- Prioritizing design features, complexity and extensiveness based on design pillars and USP are fully integrated in your workflow
- Experienced in documenting and communicating the design as clear as possible for each distinct discipline of game development
- Experience with system design and balancing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of dissecting high-level features in workable tasks
- A strong sense of what makes gameplay compelling and fun
- Experience with working on mobile, console- or handheld games, you recognize possible pitfalls and improvement possibilities
- Experience with a full development cycle is a plus
- Deep understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Keen eye for detail, visual polish and UX
- Experience with Unity 3D or UE4
- You are an experienced gamer across multiple platforms
- Up to date with the latest software and hardware developments
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to email@example.com!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!