Internship – 3D Artist
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
Team6 Game Studios has an opening for a 3D Artist intern starting from January 2020! As a 3D Artist intern you will construct efficient, high-quality and game-ready models for our games. You’ll get the chance to work on various projects to develop your skills. Are you ambitious, passionate about making games and do you want to become a full-fledged 3D Artist? Then we’re looking for you!
- Have a representable portfolio showing your best work and with preferably workflow breakdowns
- Able to accurately translate 2D concept art or photo references into 3D
- Efficiently construct 3D models at various levels of detail
- Create texture maps and have a good understanding of advanced shader materials
- Being able to take art direction, to manage priorities and meet schedule commitments
- Have strong fundamentals in any major 3D software program (preferably Maya, 3DS Max, Blender or Zbrush)
- Fully understand the unwrapping and texturing workflow
- Experience with Photoshop or Substance Painter
- Know how to create game ready assets, from design to finished product
- Experience with either UE4 or Unity
- Experience with either publishing a game or working on a released game
- Experience with the Agile Project Management
- Well-developed 2D skills
- A self-driven attitude to continue learning and improving your skillset
- Passionate about making and playing games
- Being able to give and receive feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, input and various visions are appreciated
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theater
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio.
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Don’t worry if your profile doesn’t match all the requirements. Internships are there to learn from, so we will gladly help you where needed! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!