3D Vehicle artist
A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a 3D Vehicle Artist who has experience with hard surface modeling and has a passion for automotive design. As a 3D Vehicle Artist you will create the vehicles and all car related assets for our games from start to finish. If you have an eye for detail, you are able to create texture maps and you have a strong sense of shape, form and structure, we would love to hear from you!
- Degree in Game Development, a formal Art education or equivalent education/experience
- 1+ years of experience while acting as Hard Surface Modeler, preferably as a Vehicle Artist
- Proficient with any major 3D software, preferably Blender
- Understanding of how to optimize art for game projects concerning mobile platforms (Android & iOS) and/or console development (Switch, Xbox one, PS4) and PC
- Experience with texturing in Substance Painter or Photoshop
- Experience with creating 3D (vehicle) models
- Experience with hard surface modeling
- Strong understanding of shapes, forms and structures for vehicle modeling
- Able to take art direction, to manage priorities and meet schedule commitments
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Able to give constructive feedback to the rest of the team and gain knowledge by receiving feedback
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- You’re portfolio shows that’s you’re able to create high quality 3D vehicle art work
- You’ve shipped at least one game while acting as a hard surface modeler
- Understanding of game engines pipelines, preferably UE4
- Understanding of shading and materials in UE4 or Unity3D
- You’re a quick learner when it comes to new 3D Art Creation techniques and how to apply these techniques
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!